HOME

Departments

   Ambulance

   Borough Clerk

   Codes

   Construction

   Economic Development

   Emergency Management

   Finance

   Fire Company

   Municipal Court

   Planning/Zoning

   Police

   Public Events

   Public Facilities

   Public Works

   Sewer

   Street Lighting

   Streets

   Tax Office

   Technology

 

Vote by Mail

 

Public Facilities

 

Public Parks & Fields:

Public Facilities:

Councilman Rick Krause

Director of Public Events and Compliance

rkrause@magnolia-nj.org

(856)821-4367

 

 

Albertson Memorial Park

Located at Evesham and Albertson Avenues across from the Borough Hall, Albertson Park, offers two unique recreation areas. The lower area offers a scenic gazebo, benches and multiple play areas that include swings, sliding boards and other equipment. The upper area offers a picnic pavilion and basketball courts. The entire park is surround by a scene walking trail and large grass covered areas. Many of the Borough events take place in this location, including the annual Easter Egg Hunt and movies in the park.

 

Albertson Park was willed to the Borough in 1928 by John J. Albertson.  It is located across from his home.  The pavilion in the upper park was built in 1952.

 

Billy Tavener Park

On the edge of Otterbranch Avenue by Sherwood Avenue, Tavener Park will be undergoing renovations in the summer of 2006. Renovations will include the installation of a safety surface and modern playground equipment. Landscaping will also be added to increase the aesthetic appearance of the park. Tavener Park is adjacent to wetlands and offers a tranquil setting.

 

The park was original cleared by Frank Tavener at his own expense so that the ground could be used for a playground.  The park was dedicated to Frank's son, Billy Tavener, in 1970 by Mayor Joseph Adolf and Borough Council.

 

 

Eugene Landin Park

Landin Park is located on Evesham Avenue just before our border with Lawnside. This park offers playground equipment as well as grassy areas for picnicking.

 

This parcel of ground was dedicated on May 31, 1954 by Mayor Francis Scott and Borough Council in honor of Eugene Landin who was Magnolia's first World Work I amputee.

 

Little League Complex

 

 

 

Magnolia Athletic Fields

Formerly Fiberglass Fields, located on Brooke Avenue at the foot of Albertson Avenue, Magnolia Athletic Fields offer a large open area which include a lighted multipurpose field for football and soccer as well as a softball field. 

 

A lighted path with fitness equipment circles the multipurpose field for residents to enjoy.  Instructions are located next to the equipment.  The walking path, energy efficient LED lighting and fitness equipment was funded through  Camden County Open Space grants.

 

Walking Path

 

LED Lighting

 

 

Roosevelt Park

Roosevelt Park, the Borough's smallest park, is located at the intersection of Jefferson & Lafayette Avenues, just off of the White Horse Pike. Roosevelt Park offers benches and landscaped gardens.

 

Roosevelt Park was dedicated as a memorial to President Franklin D. Roosevelt on December 16, 1934 by Mayor and Council.

 

 

Magnolia Borough Hall

The current Magnolia Borough Hall was build in 1967 for at cost of $180,000.  The building was dedicated by Mayor John M. Reid on October 12, 1968.  A time capsule containing items from 1976 was placed in the floor of the auditorium during the Bicentennial celebration.  The capsule will be opened in 2026.  After the opening, items typical of that time will be placed in to the capsule, it will be resealed and opened again in 2076.  The Borough Hall underwent extensive renovations in 1996.

 

The Magnolia Borough Hall is available for use by Borough civic organizations.  An insurance certificate naming the Borough as insured must be on file with the Borough Clerk prior to use.  Contact the Borough Clerk at (856)783-1520 for additional information.

 

 

    Note:    Historical information copied from "One Square Mile of Friendliness" written by

                Helen H. Bradley in 1983.

 

© 2013 Borough of Magnolia - All Rights Reserved

438 West Evesham Avenue - Magnolia, NJ 08049-1725

 

[ Home ]  [Reset Site Customization ]  [Get Adobe® Reader®  ]

[ Privacy Notice ]  [Site Map ]